Usually around this time of year I put out a blog called “Destress the Holiday Mess,” but I’m doing something different this year because I want to focus on helping you create a proactive holiday boundary success plan.
You know I’m all about boundaries: setting ones to make your life easier, how to set them, dealing with narcissists and family members, and more. Today I’m talking about setting holiday specific boundaries to help you cut down on the financial and emotional stress that often comes with the season.
You can Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
“How can we come up with ways that you can actually be peaceful and joyful this holiday season?” – Terri Cole
- The holidays mean lots of time with family
- How can we make the holidays less self-sacrificing
- You have to decide how you want to feel
- Actions to take that might make this holiday season joyful for you:
- You have to prepare
- Adjust your own attitude
- Keep your side of the street clean
- No is not a four letter word!
- Don’t overindulge in alcohol
- It’s time to take control of your life
“Try to be present to everything that is right in your life, in your family, in the year that has passed.” – Terri Cole
- Get yourself some Stress Fix by Aveda
“It requires a conscious decision on your part that you are going to take control of the holidays for yourself.” – Terri Cole