There is a lot of pressure this time of year, what with family stuff, eating, drinking. And all of those things can be triggering and sensitive for us.
Today I’m talking to my friend Andrea Owen who has a very timely book out called How to Stop Feeling Like Shit: 14 Habits that are Holding You Back from Happiness. Andrea is an author, a mentor, and a certified life coach. She helps high-achieving women let go of perfectionism, control, and isolation, and she teaches people to choose courage and confidence.
I love this book because it’s all about how many fucks you should give, who to include in your inner circle, and more. Basically it’s just about how to live a happier life, and who doesn’t want that?
You can Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
“I talk to a lot of women who struggle in the same areas over and over again: perfectionism, people pleasing, self-sabotage, hiding out, numbing out.” – Andrea Owen
- The motivation behind Andrea’s latest book
- What we are doing that makes us feel like shit
- Why you don’t have to “stay strong”
- The 14 habits that Andrea talks about in the book
- Why you should give medium fucks instead of zero
- How to choose who you care about
- Why sugarcoaters are dangerous
- Why you have to confront your shame
“Can we change the definition of what it looks like to be strong?” – Andrea Owen
- Get Andrea’s book How to Stop Feeling like Shit
- Listen to the Your Kickass Life Podcast
- Connect with Andrea:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Your Kickass Life
“People make up that they have to not care what anyone thinks, and that causes disconnection.” – Andrea Owen