Today I’m talking about narcissistic dads and the experience of their daughters in their dating and romantic lives (their sons have a very similar experience, so this might be useful for the sons out there).
You might remember that I did a podcast a couple weeks ago about daughters of narcissistic mothers because I had so many requests. There are so many people trying to understand how to heal from these damaging family relationships. And of course it’s super important to me to help you understand how having a narcissistic parent, a father in this case, can impact your life.
So today I’m talking about the characteristics of a narcissistic father and what that might mean for your love blueprint and dating life.
You can Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
“It’s all about understanding what eludes you in your life, and then we follow the dots backwards to an original injury.” – Terri Cole
- What happens when you have a narcissistic father
- What are the narcissistic traits
- Narcissists don’t know how to be empathic
- They are clueless about what YOU would like
- A narcissistic parent will have no regard for your personal boundaries
- How a narcissistic parent affects your life
- Why you might be insecure
- You might feel you’re inadequate
- Why you need to come to terms with who your father is/was
- There’s no shame in cutting off contact
- What to ask yourself when you get into a dating situation
- Why your partner needs to take responsibility for their emotional life
“Most daughters really need and want their father’s adoration.” – Terri Cole
- Listen to my episode about daughters of narcissistic mothers
- Get the cheat sheet on how to identify narcissism
- Join the Real Love Revolution to join the conversation and get free videos, watch Q&A’s and more! terricole.com/rlr join the group to learn more and get more tips and videos
“Be mindful that it’s your job to undo that damage.” – Terri Cole