“Prove to yourself early and often that there’s always more there– Any conversation can go from kinda superficial to moving, poignant, hilarious, revealing, or bonding.” – Kelly Corrigan
I had the pleasure of interviewing best-selling author and talented interviewer, Kelly Corrigan.
We covered so much:
– Kelly’s childhood dream of becoming a writer
– How her dad’s unwavering support bolstered her
– Her experience with chemo and cancer
– Kelly’s reflections on her mom’s parenting style and how she may have benefitted from it
– Kelly’s favorite interview questions and techniques.
If you ever wanted to know more about her or simply want to tune into a thought-provoking conversation (thanks to Kelly’s astute self-awareness), this episode is one you must watch! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
- 3:20 Kelly’s journey to being a writer
- 6:15 Why Kelly wrote a memoir
- 12:20 Father/daughter relationship hope
- 17:45 Asking better questions
- 22:40 The self-assuredness of Kelly’s mother
- 25:15 “She could let us hate her”
- 28:00 Stoicism in the face of fear
- 30:00 What Kelly is reading & why
- 30:50 Kelly’s show, Tell Me More
- 33:45 Kelly’s interview techniques
- 36:30 How people think you are vs reality
- 39:50 Kelly’s biggest boundary struggle
Connect with Kelly Corrigan:
Kelly Corrigan is a four-time New York Times bestselling author, the host of PBS’ long-form interview show, Tell Me More, and the podcast, Kelly Corrigan Wonders, which just crossed 12.5 million downloads. O Magazine calls her “the voice of a generation” and Huffington Post says Kelly is “our Poet Laureate of the Ordinary.”
Kelly Corrigan Wonders is a place for people who like to laugh while they think and find it useful to look closely at ourselves and our weird ways in the hopes that knowing more and feeling more will help us do more and be better. A former newspaper columnist, Kelly wonders about loads of stuff: is knowing more always good? Can we trust our gut? How does change actually happen? She loves talking with nice people who have a sense of humor and know things worth knowing. Each episode ends with Kelly’s shortlist of takeaways, appropriate for refrigerator doors, bulletin boards and notes to your children.
Tell Me More: https://pbs.org/kelly
Kelly Corrigan Wonders Podcast: https://www.kellycorrigan.com/kelly-corrigan-wonders
Here are some ways we can connect and grow together:
I WROTE A BOOK ABOUT BOUNDARIES! Boundary Boss is THE essential guidebook for authentically expressing your desires, setting healthy limits, and bringing more satisfaction, joy, and peace into all of your personal and professional relationships. There are super JUICY bonuses when you pre-order, so what are you waiting for?
TAKE THE BOUNDARY STYLE QUIZ I always say, ya can’t change anything until you become aware of it, so take the quiz and discover your unique boundary style!
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL Instagram is my jam and one of my favorite ways to connect with you. I put out new content there every, single day.
JOIN OUR FREE FACEBOOK GROUP Become a part of our powerful community of real love revolutionaries!
SIGN UP FOR THE NEWSLETTER Want love notes from me delivered straight to your inbox? I share things to inspire and empower you each week, plus what I’m reading, watching, cooking…you get the idea?