Today’s show is all about one of my favorite topics – healthy love! We’ve seen so many movies that show us what real love should look like, but in fact, my top 10 traits of real love are quite different than what we’ve seen on TV.
Our significant other doesn’t need to complete us (each of us is already whole!), and jealousy and possessiveness are not cute, romantic, or sexy. On this episode, I talk about how to keep your relationship balanced in order to avoid codependency, the importance of mutual trust and respect for one another, why effective communication is necessary for a healthy relationship, and more.
It takes effort to be in a real love relationship, but the pay-off is wonderful. I hope these top 10 traits of real love can help you recognize what you’re looking for, what you’d like to cultivate, and what you already have in your relationships.
You can Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes/Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn.
“Acceptance means accepting your person’s weakness as well as their strengths.” – Terri Cole
- What true love doesn’t feel like?
- The importance of mutual respect
- The harm of being in a very jealous relationship
- Why you should respecting your partner
- The importance of trust
- Why you should avoid decisions based in fear
- The importance of effective communication
- How to avoid decisions based in fear
- How to have a sense of unity
“In healthy relationships there’s room for remorse – to be sorry.” – Terri Cole
“Effective communication is absolutely mandatory for a healthy love to thrive.” – Terri Cole