I’m excited today to share my interview with Mallika Chopra. Years ago, I was an early adapter of her website intent.com, where I was inspired because it was a way to really live in the present moment with intent.
In our conversation, we talk about what it was like growing up as Deepak Chopra’s daughter, how meditation has come in and out of her life, and the importance of connection and community.
Her new book, Living with Intent: My Somewhat Messy Journey to Purpose, Peace, and Joy, is really motivating. She interviewed some heavy hitters in the empowerment world in her search to find more meaning, joy, and balance.
You can Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
“We were really taught every day to think about the qualities in our life that would make us feel happier, more connected, and more purposeful.” – Mallika Chopra
- What the inspiration is behind intent.com
- What our intents really are
- How her upbringing influenced her life
- Why she chose to leave her job at MTV
- Why she chose to write a book about intent
- Why she had to recommit to anchor herself
“I had to ask myself really deep questions like what does make me happy? And road gives me a sense of purpose?” – Mallika Chopra
- The importance of community
- What inspiration she got from her conversation with Eckhart Tolle
- How your internal dialogue can manifest in your life
- Why she always tries to meditate every day
- How she struggled with balancing motherhood and work
“Freedom means being able to make empowered choices every day.” – Mallika Chopra
- Be sure to read Mallika’s new book, Living with Intent
- And visit her website intent.com to join the community
- Connect with Mallika:
“For me a big transition was stopping to think of things as sacrificing one over the other, but instead making empowered choices.” – Mallika Chopra