You can Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
I believe that self-love is the path to true love.
So today in honor of Valentine’s Day I am sharing my top three non-negotiable self-care practices.
- Create Healthy Boundaries
Establishing and enforcing healthy boundaries may not seem like an obvious pick for daily self-care but in truth, if you master this art, you will be emotionally well taken and all of your relationships will benefit.
- Daily Chill Time
Adding a legit appointment to your daily calendar for solo, quiet time will nourish your soul. It can be as little as ten to thirty minutes used for meditation, breath work, stretching or a quiet cup of tea before the your day ramps up or the rest of your house wakes up.
- Prioritize Your Pleasure
At least once a day do something simply because it feels good to you. In our hyper-productive, multi-tasking lives doing something just for the fun or feel of it is a good way to amp up your joy quotient and release some feel good hormones in the process!
Another essential part of self-care is being mindful of how you fuel your body. Today I’m talking about blending, juicing, being healthy, and how to stay balanced in the way you approach eating. My guest and friend Jamie Graber just wrote a book called Juice It, Blend It, Live It. She’s also the owner of a café in New York that I frequent called Gingersnaps Organic.
After being a vegetarian for as many years as I have, you get bored. I mean really, how many kale smoothies can I eat? But what I love about Jamie’s recipes is that she’s using different ingredients and superfoods. Listen in to hear how her journey led her to health food, why she values balance in all aspects of her life, and her favorite superfoods.
“Food is pleasure, and it should be enjoyed and there should be pleasure and there should be happiness and no guilt around it.” – Jamie Graber
- What was her motivation to get involved with healthy living
- How her connection to the earth changed when she moved to California
- The new kind of eating disorder
- The importance of balancing healthy and joyful eating
- Why people need to realize that food is supposed to fuel you and bring joy
“When we put these really hard boundaries on ourselves, we’re only waiting for that one day for us to tip over.” – Jamie Graber
- What her new book is all about
- The benefits of putting superfoods in your smoothies
- Why she is into intention
- The way her café provides community
- How having community can help your relationship
“You can make the choice to eat healthy or unhealthy, and you should make both choices.” – Jamie Graber
- Get a copy of Jamie’s new book Juice It, Blend It, Live It
- Learn more about Juliano’s raw food movement
- Get a copy of Miracles by Eric Metexas
- Visit Gingersnaps Café
- Connect with Jamie:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
“The more community that you have that you understand understands you, the happier and more joyful of a life you can have.” – Jamie Graber
*image courtesy of glasseyes view