I’ve been asked this question so many times, so today, I am going to help you with the overwhelming task of finding the right therapist for your needs. I could not find a better moment to talk about that, because May is the mental health month, and we all want to enjoy this month with a very satisfying mental state, right?
The first thing I want you to ask yourself is what is it that you need help with? It is important to get clear on this before you start searching,
On today’s episode, I talk about adopting a healthy perspective around finding a therapist, taking advantage of free consultations, understanding that getting comfortable with your therapist takes time, and much more.
You can Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes/Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn.
” I want you to get clear before you start searching, because that’s gonna help you have a more succinct search.” – Terri Cole
- The importance of understanding the problems in your life first, before searching for a professional
- How to overcome the stigma around therapy
- What to ask your therapist in order to know if they are a good fit
- The importance of finding experienced professionals
- Why avoid the observer therapists
- How to use research and skepticism to find the best therapist
- Why online therapists can be a valid and affordable option
“There’s nothing wrong with seeking help, the same way that you would for anything else.” – Terri Cole
” Not everyone is gonna be a great fit, but I want you to go in with the right frame of mind.” – Terri Cole