My guest, Dr. Daniel Amen, has helped millions of people change their brains and overcome anxiety. He is a New York Times bestselling author, and the cohost of The Brain Warrior’s Way podcast.
On today’s show, Daniel and I talk about his new book Your Brain Is Always Listening Tame the Hidden Dragons That Control Your Happiness, Habits, and Hang-Ups. Daniel shares his thought process behind using dragons to talk about traumas, and we talk about how to use your brain to heal emotional pain. Daniel also shares his experience working Miley Cyrus, how to manage depression during turbulent times, and much more.
You can Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes/Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn.
“Mental hygiene is just as important as washing your hands, we need to disinfect our thoughts and tame the dragons.” – Dr. Daniel Amen
- What Dr. Amen’s dragons are
- The Miley Cyrus story that turned pain into purpose
- What the anxious dragon is
- Why teenagers suicide rates are skyrocketing
- How to change your brain
- How to manage depression in those turbulent times
- The importance of micro-moments
- How introverts are taking advantage of the pandemic
- How your mind can help you, rather than hurt you
“We’re wired to pay attention to what is wrong, and it makes us anxious, tense, and panicky.” – Dr. Daniel Amen
- Get Dr. Amen’s new book Your Brain Is Always Listening Tame the Hidden Dragons That Control Your Happiness, Habits, and Hang-Ups
- Connect with Dr. Daniel Amen:
“You are not stuck with the brain you have, you can make it better!” – Dr. Daniel Amen