Today, I’m talking with one of my best girlfriends, a gal who is an inspiration in my life, the incredible Danielle LaPorte. I was a fan of Danielle and her writing before we became friends. Her website has been called the best place online for kickass spirituality, and was named one of the Top 100 Websites for Women by Forbes.
She has some amazing books out, and I love them all, but I especially love her most recent book called The Desire Map: A Guide to Creating Goals with Soul. This book is all about helping you identify your core desire feelings and then achieve them.
Today, amongst many other topics, we’re talking a lot about betrayal, how it impacts our lives, and the upside of betrayal. Danielle has some very interesting insights, and she may just change your thoughts and your perspective on betrayals that you’ve experienced.
You can Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
“If you want to be whole, you’ve got to see the dark, you’ve got to be deceived, you’ve got to deal with your own shadow stuff.” – Danielle LaPorte
- What are initiations to power
- Why you have to open your eyes to your shadow self
- How female friendships are unique
- What are the upsides of betrayal and deception
- Why mapping your desire can’t fail
“I don’t want the karma anymore of giving unsolicited advice.” – Danielle LaPorte
- What her creative process is like
- Why she loves being creatively self centered
- Why it’s important for her to pay attention to the universe
- Why solitude is crucial for her
- Why she wishes she’d slept with more men
“I take that subtle but very intense deception as a testament to how far I’ve come.” – Danielle LaPorte
“I start with what I feel I need to say, not with what I think people need to hear.” – Danielle LaPorte