“Ruminating on regrets is not the way to avoid future regrets.” – Terri Cole
Do you find yourself ruminating on past decisions, actions, or conversations?
How much time do you spend regretting these past experiences? If the answer is more time than I would like, then this episode is for you. I am covering why we hold onto regrets, the high cost of regret, and why we should let regrets go. Most importantly, you will learn how to let go of your regrets with a five-step reflection exercise.
- 3:50 Why are we predisposed to having regrets?
- 8:00 Be compassionate with yourself when you make mistakes
- 10:30 Decide to learn from your mistakes rather than ruminating on them
- 12:40 Five steps to stop obsessing over past mistakes
- 12:40 Identify a regret
- 13:00 Reflect on your reasons for regretting the mistake
- 13:35 Write the rationale for your past actions from the perspective of a supportive friend
- 15:00 Consider what you might do differently now if you were in the same situation again
- 15:15 Focus your attention on what you can actually change today!
Find the downloadable guide I made to go along with today’s episode here.
Take the boundary quiz and learn more about your Boundary Style
Here are some ways I can support you:
I WROTE A BOOK ABOUT BOUNDARIES! Boundary Boss is THE essential guidebook for authentically expressing your desires, setting healthy limits, and bringing more satisfaction, joy, and peace into all of your personal and professional relationships. Purchase your copy now!
TAKE THE BOUNDARY STYLE QUIZ I always say, ya can’t change anything until you become aware of it, so take the quiz and discover your unique boundary style!
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL Instagram is my jam and one of my favorite ways to connect with you. I put out new content there every, single day.
JOIN OUR FREE FACEBOOK GROUP Become a part of our powerful community of real love revolutionaries!
SIGN UP FOR THE NEWSLETTER Want love notes from me delivered straight to your inbox? I share things to inspire and empower you each week, plus what I’m reading, watching, cooking…you get the idea ?